Wednesday, August 11, 2004

three times three times four



the "negen straatjes" neighbourhood in amsterdam (actually rather misleadingly named, since it is not nine little streets at all, but three slightly-less-little streets that capriciously change their names each time they cross a canal)



is a few square blocks of paradise for people who like to shop,



people who like to eat, people who like to linger at waterside caf├ęs,



people who like to take pictures, people who like people, and people who like all of the above.
like me.

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful place to visit. And that peeling paint... you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, those buildings are amazing. i'm drooling. and how nice to find red and green paint together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I think your entire country is a paradise for people who like to take pictures! Great shots, as usual. Wish I were sailing on the IJsselmeer again this summer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great series. I hope these are hanging somewhere in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic as usual... I especially have a love of that first photo of the buildings framing the cloudy blue sky.. wide angle?
    Also, I love those layers of chipping paint in the last. There's a sad beauty to items and things that have been disregarded and ignored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This series is great. Fantastic colors in each photo. I really like the angle on the boat photo. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the series... color and texture, two of my favs. :) Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a puzzle!
    very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amsterdam is so picturesque and you've really done it justice. It's a beautiful series.

    ReplyDelete