Monday, May 30, 2005

of things to come




"a cloud cannot cast a shadow unless the sun is shining beyond it"
- anonymous

it was one of those sundays - coffee on the bright side of the street, a sneak (*shhhh*) preview of something lovely, a stroll around the stalls on the nieuwmarkt, a visit to the world press photo exhibition in the oude kerk, a duck into the secondhand books in the oudemanshuispoort, some good news about an old friend, a late and leisurely lunch - that starts the week with a smile.
i hope yours was just as fine.


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Sunday.
    I didn't really do much, I'm afraid. Worked a bit in the kitchen.
    Nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sunday was great, mainly because my craving for chocolat was, unexpectedly, satisfied!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad we just missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So do I.
    What a nice photo again: so special in an 'ordinary' way. A nice way to tell you that every day has someting special in store for you; as long as you can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The world press photo exhibit was great! The sporting series were an oasis amidst all the depressing (but amazing) photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn, that is a BEAUTIFUL quote, thanks for sharing! I need to send an email your way, I miss talking to you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the secretive mood of the mannequins behind the blue curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if the ankles down below belong to mannequins too. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete